Thursday, September 16, 2010

Letting Go Of You

Letting Go
Its about time that I say goodbye
And realize that you have to stay simply the twinkle in my eye
They say you always want what you can’t have
And in my heart I knew the whole time.

I read one day, the forbidden fruit taste the sweetest
Each kiss bittersweet of what I wanted most
And I really meant every word I stuttered without a test
You were my very best, but its time I give my broken heart a rest

I am strong enough to let you go
And live your life in some way I’ll never know
We say goodbye now as quickly as we said hello
This end will be the beginning of just what I still don’t know.

Until now I never knew you could lose something you never had

You belong to someone I will never know
You are not your own
This beautiful creation whom I will never again embrace
How could you steal my heart when you knew the path you’d have to take?

This is the end of something unbelievable
And the beginning of my life

You are not what I am leaving behind, for you will follow me in my walk I know
You do not leave what you love
You simply let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment